- Virgin coconut oil contains natural UV protection, and helps to slow down the aging process in the skin.
- Spread virgin coconut oil on skin to make it soft and supple, with intense moisture and healing.
- Virgin coconut oil can reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Virgin coconut oil can lower your cholesterol
- Virgin coconut oil can improve the conditions of those suffering from diabetes, chronic fatigue, Chron’s, IBS, and other digestive disorders. It also can significantly decrease the viral load of someone suffering from HIV.
- Virgin coconut oil can prevent diseases and routine illnesses like influenza and the common cold with powerful antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties.
- Virgin coconut oil speeds up your metabolism, helping your body to burn more calories, thus contributing to weight loss. It also is known to heal thyroid disorders and help to regulate thyroid function, which in turn promotes weight loss.
- Virgin coconut oil works with your metabolism and thyroid to increase your energy level.
- Virgin coconut oil makes an excellent massage lotion, and is popular worldwide in the top massage parlors.
- Virgin coconut oil makes a delicious alternative to your regular cooking oils, and gives you all the benefits listed above at the same time!
Steer clear of hydrogenated coconut oils - Years ago coconut oil was given a lot of bad press due to some studies on the effects it had on animals. The animals had increased cholesterol which in turn contributes to heart disease. It was later revealed that the animals had been given “hydrogenated” coconut oil. Hydrogenated coconut oil is made from copra. Copra is the smoke dried kernel of the coconut. After the copra is dried it is then bleached and deodorized. High heat and harsh chemicals are used in this method. These hydrogenated oils have been shown to increase serum cholesterol levels which contribute to heart disease.
How is virgin coconut oil different? Virgin coconut oil is all-natural and does not contain any harsh chemicals and bleaches that hydrogenated coconut oils have. Virgin coconut oil is made from fresh, hand-picked coconuts, the coconuts are then grated and pressed to produce coconut milk. The milk is then separated into solid components, water and oil. The oil has a light texture and since no heat is applied it maintains the flavor and scent of fresh coconut. Virgin coconut oil is the only coconut oil that can give you the benefits listed above. Be sure to choose this beneficial oil for yourself today!