Goat meat… about 20 pieces (or meat of your choice) 1 cup ground egusi/melon seed 1 pack frozen chopped spinach leaves 1 cup shawa (dried fish) (soak in hot water for 15mins then remove bones) 1/2 cup palm oil 1/4 cup Goya Adobo seasoning 2 Knorr cubes 1 Scotch bonnet pepper 1 garlic clove (chopped) Ginger (same size as garlic clove…chopped) 2 Bay leaves 1/4 cup curry powder 1/4 cup ground red pepper flakes 1/4 cup dry/ ground red pepper 1/4 red onion (sliced)
1. Set stove to medium heat. Rinse meat and put in a medium/large pot. Add all the seasonings, except egusi, spinach, shawa (dried fish) and palm oil. Pour enough water in pot so that it covers all the meat. Boil on medium heat for at least 1.5 – 2 hours.
2. Pierce meat with a knife to check for softness. If the knife goes through with little pressure, follow the next step or let boil longer.
3. Add palm oil to boiling meat. Let boil for 5-10 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to low. Add ground egusi and stir thoroughly.
5. Add shawa. Let boil for at least 20 minutes (it should thicken somewhat because of the egusi).
6. Stir and add chopped spinach. Let cook for 5 minutes and turn off heat. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Nigerian Fried Chicken with vegetables
Smoked Turkey Efo Riro is a play on your typical efo riro.