A Unique way to make Scotch Eggs
By: Avartsy Cooking
7 eggs (boil only 6: eggs not pictured above)
1 roll Jimmy Dean Premium Hot Sausage
4 graham crackers
1 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp powdered Scotch bonnet pepper
1 tsp Goya Adobo seasoning
1 s pack apple sauce (heated)
1. Boil 6 eggs over medium heat for 10 minutes. Remove and put eggs into cold water. Set aside.
2. Remove sausage and add adodo and pepper. Work into sausage with hands (this is messy business!). Set aside.
3. Break last egg, whisk.
4. Mash graham crackers. Add cinnamon to ground crackers.
5. Prepare a baking pan with foil.
6. Drain water and peel eggs. Roll each egg in flour.
7. Scoop 1.5 tbsps sausage mixture into your palms (dampen palms). Make a well in the center. Put egg in center and work sausage around till covered. Roll covered egg in beaten/whisked egg.
8. Roll in crushed graham crackers.9. Arrange on foil in baking pan.
10. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Complete rest of eggs.
11. Put baking pan in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or till done.
12. Serve whole or cut into slices. Serve with heated apple sauce or a honey mustard dip.