Here’s how to make a fantastic OVEN BAKED CHICKEN & RICE entirely in the oven!!! The trick is popping onion, garlic and butter in the oven to make a gorgeous flavour base before adding the rice. 👍🏻
5 chicken thigh fillets
2 cloves garlic (large), minced
2tbsp/ 30 g butter
1 1/2 cups / 375 ml chicken broth/stock, warmed
1 1/4 / 312 ml cups water, hot
Chicken Rub (can sub):
1 tsp paprika powder
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
3/4 tsp salt
- Clean the chicken and boil on stove with all the spices for 6 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a large baking tray or half sheet pan with foil and place all the chicken pieces on it, skin side down.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and flip each piece skin side up.
- Drizzle about a teaspoon of oil over the skin on each piece of chicken and rub lightly to coat. Sprinkle again with salt and pepper.
- Bake for one hour, until most of the fat has rendered out of the chicken and the skin is golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from the oven and let rest about 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!